Assisted Human Reproduction Act (S.C. 2004, c. 2)
- HTMLFull Document: Assisted Human Reproduction Act (Accessibility Buttons available) |
- XMLFull Document: Assisted Human Reproduction Act [91 KB] |
- PDFFull Document: Assisted Human Reproduction Act [260 KB]
Act current to 2023-03-06 and last amended on 2020-06-09. Previous Versions
— 2012, c. 19, s. 741
741 The following definitions apply in sections 742 to 745.
Agency means the Assisted Human Reproduction Agency of Canada established by subsection 21(1) of the Assisted Human Reproduction Act. (Agence)
- Her Majesty
Her Majesty means Her Majesty in right of Canada. (Sa Majesté)
— 2012, c. 19, s. 742
742 (1) The members of the board of directors of the Agency cease to hold office on the coming into force of this subsection.
(2) Despite the provisions of any contract, agreement or order, no person appointed to hold office as a member of the board of directors of the Agency, other than the President, has any right to claim or receive any compensation, damages, indemnity or other form of relief from Her Majesty in right of Canada or from any employee or agent of Her Majesty for ceasing to hold that office or for the abolition of that office by operation of this Division.
— 2012, c. 19, s. 743
Employees of Agency
743 Any employee of the Agency who has been advised that they will be laid off in accordance with subsection 64(1) of the Public Service Employment Act is, for the purpose of any workforce adjustment measure taken with respect to them, transferred to the Department of Health on the day on which section 722 comes into force.
— 2012, c. 19, s. 744
Rights and obligations transferred
744 (1) All rights and property held by or in the name of or in trust for the Agency and all obligations and liabilities of the Agency are deemed to be rights, property, obligations and liabilities of Her Majesty.
(2) Every reference to the Agency in any deed, contract or other document executed by the Agency in its own name is, unless the context otherwise requires, to be read as a reference to Her Majesty.
Closing out affairs
(3) The Minister of Health may do and perform all acts and things necessary for and incidental to closing out the affairs of the Agency.
— 2012, c. 19, s. 745
Commencement of legal proceedings
745 (1) Any action, suit or other legal proceeding in respect of an obligation or liability incurred by the Agency, or by the Minister of Health in closing out the affairs of the Agency, may be brought against Her Majesty in any court that would have had jurisdiction if the action, suit or proceeding had been brought against the Agency.
Continuation of legal proceedings
(2) Any action, suit or other legal proceeding to which the Agency is party pending in any court on the coming into force of this section may be continued by or against Her Majesty in the same manner and to the same extent as it could have been continued by or against the Agency.
Table of Contents
- Date modified: