Canada Post Corporation Act
Marginal note:Board of Directors
6 (1) There shall be a Board of Directors of the Corporation consisting of the Chairman, the President and nine other directors appointed as provided in this Act.
Marginal note:Appointment of directors
(2) Each director, other than the Chairman and the President, shall be appointed by the Minister, with the approval of the Governor in Council, to hold office during pleasure for such term, not exceeding three years, as will ensure, as far as possible, the expiration in any one year of the terms of office of not more than one-half of the directors.
(3) Where the office of a director becomes vacant during the term of the director appointed thereto, the Governor in Council may appoint a director for the remainder of the term.
(4) A director may, on the expiration of his term of office, be re-appointed to the Board.
(5) A director, other than the Chairman, the President and any director selected from among persons employed in the public service of Canada, is entitled to receive for attendance at meetings of the Board and any committee thereof such fees as may be fixed by the Governor in Council.
(6) A director is entitled to be paid by the Corporation reasonable travel and living expenses incurred by him while absent from his ordinary place of residence in the course of his duties as a director.
- 1980-81-82-83, c. 54, s. 6
- 1984, c. 31, s. 14
- Date modified: