Naskapi and the Cree-Naskapi Commission Act
Marginal note:When administrator may be appointed
100 (1) Where, as a result of an inspection by the Minister or a person authorized by him pursuant to subsection 91(2), the auditor’s report under subsection 94(1), or any non-compliance with the provisions of this Part, the Minister is of the opinion that the financial affairs of a band are in serious disorder, he may give written notice to the band of his intention to appoint an administrator to administer the financial affairs of the band, setting out his reasons for so doing.
Marginal note:Band’s opportunity to remedy situation
(2) Where a band receives a notice under subsection (1), it shall forthwith take corrective measures to remedy the situation referred to in the notice.
Marginal note:Appointment of administrator
(3) At any time between sixty days and one year after giving notice under subsection (1), the Minister may, if he is of the opinion that the situation referred to in the notice has not been adequately remedied, appoint, by order, an administrator to administer the financial affairs of the band, and the order shall set out the duties of the administrator.
Marginal note:Effect of appointment
(4) Where an administrator has been appointed pursuant to subsection (3), no person shall expend moneys of the band without the consent of the administrator, and any person who violates this subsection is guilty of an offence.
Marginal note:Administrator’s term
(5) The administrator appointed pursuant to subsection (3) holds office for a term of four months from the date of his appointment.
Marginal note:Extension of term
(6) At the expiration of the administrator’s term of appointment referred to in subsection (5), the Minister may, where he is of the opinion that the financial affairs of the band continue to be in serious disorder, reappoint the administrator, or appoint a new administrator, for a further period not exceeding four months.
(7) The Minister’s power under subsection (6) applies also at the expiration of the term of appointment of an administrator appointed or re-appointed under that subsection.
- Date modified: