Excise Tax Act
Marginal note:Assessment of rebate
297 (1) On receipt of an application made by a person for a rebate under section 215.1 or Division VI, the Minister shall, with all due dispatch, consider the application and assess the amount of the rebate, if any, payable to the person.
(2) The Minister may reassess or make an additional assessment of the amount of a rebate, notwithstanding any previous assessment of the amount of the rebate.
Marginal note:Assessment of overpayment of rebate
(2.1) The Minister may assess, reassess or make an additional assessment of an amount payable by a person under section 264, notwithstanding any previous assessment of the amount.
Marginal note:Payment of rebate
(3) Where, on assessment under this section, the Minister determines that a rebate is payable to a person, the Minister shall pay the rebate to the person.
Marginal note:Interest on rebate
(4) Where a rebate under section 215.1 or Division VI (other than section 253) is paid to a person under subsection (3), the Minister shall pay interest at the prescribed rate to the person on the rebate for the period beginning on the day that is
(a) in the case of a rebate under section 257, 258 or 259, twenty-one days, and
(b) in any other case, sixty days
after the day the application in which the rebate is claimed is filed with the Minister and ending on the day the rebate is paid.
Marginal note:Minimum interest
(5) Interest of less than one dollar shall not be paid under subsection (4).
- [NOTE: Application provisions are not included in the consolidated text
- see relevant amending Acts and regulations.]
- 1990, c. 45, s. 12
- 1993, c. 27, s. 130
- Date modified: