AMENDMENTS NOT IN FORCE
— 2012, c. 17, s. 11(1)
11 (1) Subsection 21(2) of the Act is replaced by the following:
(2) Except in the case of a person who is a member of a prescribed class of persons, a person who has made a claim for refugee protection or an application for protection and who has been finally determined by the Board to be a Convention refugee or to be a person in need of protection, becomes, subject to any federal-provincial agreement referred to in subsection 9(1), a permanent resident if the officer is satisfied that they have made their application in accordance with the regulations and that they are not inadmissible on any ground referred to in section 34 or 35, subsection 36(1) or section 37 or 38.
— 2012, c. 17, s. 31
31 (1) Paragraph 95(1)(c) of the Act is replaced by the following:
(c) the Board allows their application for protection.
(2) Subsection 95(2) of the Act is replaced by the following:
(2) A protected person is a person on whom refugee protection is conferred under subsection (1) and whose claim or application has not subsequently been deemed to be rejected under subsection 108(3) or 109(3).
— 2012, c. 17, s. 40
40 The Act is amended by adding the following after section 113:
113.1 The regulations may include provisions respecting the time limits for the making of a decision by the Refugee Protection Division with respect to an application for protection, the extension of those time limits and the circumstances in which they do not apply.
— 2012, c. 17, s. 54
54 The Act is amended by adding the following after section 201:
Subsection 15(1) of Balanced Refugee Reform Act
201.1 The regulations may provide for measures regarding the transition — in respect of an application for protection — between this Act, as it read immediately before the day on which subsection 15(1) of the Balanced Refugee Reform Act comes into force, and this Act, as it read on the day on which that subsection comes into force.
— 2014, c. 39, s. 306
2014, c. 20, s. 299
306 Subsection 4(2.1) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act is replaced by the following:
Minister of Employment and Social Development
(2.1) In making regulations under paragraphs 32(b.1) and (d.1) to (d.4), the Governor in Council may confer powers and duties on the Minister of Employment and Social Development.
— 2014, c. 39, s. 308
308 The Act is amended by adding the following after section 30:
Publication of employer names and addresses
30.1 (1) The Minister or the Minister of Employment and Social Development may, in accordance with the regulations, publish on a list the name and address of an employer who has been found guilty of an offence arising out of the contravention of a provision of this Act that is designated in the regulations or an offence under any other federal or provincial law that regulates employment or the recruiting of employees and who
(a) has provided information in accordance with regulations made under paragraph 32(d.5) or employs or has employed a foreign national for whom a work permit is required; or
(b) has requested an assessment from the Department of Employment and Social Development with respect to an application for a work permit.
Removal of names and addresses
(2) The Minister or the Minister of Employment and Social Development may also, in accordance with the regulations, remove such a name and address from the list.
— 2014, c. 39, s. 309(1)
309 (1) Section 32 of the Act is amended by adding the following after paragraph (b):
(b.1) the publication and removal of the names and addresses of employers, the circumstances under which the names and addresses must not be published and the designation of provisions of this Act, for the purposes of section 30.1;
— 2014, c. 39, s. 311
311 The Act is amended by adding the following after section 89:
Fees for rights and privileges — assessments
89.01 The regulations may
(a) govern fees to be paid for rights and privileges in relation to an assessment provided by the Department of Employment and Social Development with respect to an application for a work permit; and
(b) govern cases in which the fees referred to in paragraph (a) are waived.
— 2014, c. 39, s. 313(2)
313 (2) Subsection 150.1(1) of the Act is amended by adding the following after paragraph (a):
(a.1) the collection, retention and use of a Social Insurance Number by the Minister of Employment and Social Development in respect of an assessment provided by the Department of Employment and Social Development or in respect of the compliance regime that applies to an employer, in relation to the employment of a foreign national or a permanent resident;
— 2015, c. 29, s. 2
2 The Immigration and Refugee Protection Act is amended by adding the following after section 41:
41.1 (1) A permanent resident or a foreign national is inadmissible on grounds of practising polygamy if they are or will be practising polygamy with a person who is or will be physically present in Canada at the same time as the permanent resident or foreign national.
(2) For the purposes of subsection (1), polygamy shall be interpreted in a manner consistent with paragraph 293(1)(a) of the Criminal Code.
— 2015, c. 36, s. 169(2)
169 (2) Section 11 of the Act is amended by adding the following after subsection (1.01):
Applications from within Canada
(1.02) Subject to the regulations, a foreign national who has temporary resident status may apply for a visa or other document during their stay in Canada.
- Date modified: