Office of the Superintendent of Financial Institutions Act
Marginal note:Committee established
18 (1) There is hereby established a committee consisting of
(a) the Superintendent;
(a.1) the Commissioner of the Financial Consumer Agency of Canada;
(b) the Governor of the Bank of Canada;
(c) the Chief Executive Officer of the Canada Deposit Insurance Corporation; and
(d) the Deputy Minister of Finance.
(2) The Superintendent is the chairman of the committee.
Marginal note:Purpose of committee
(3) The purpose of the committee is to facilitate consultations and the exchange of information among its members on all matters relating directly to the supervision of financial institutions, bank holding companies or insurance holding companies.
Marginal note:Access to information
(4) Every member of the committee is entitled to any information on matters relating directly to the supervision of financial institutions, bank holding companies or insurance holding companies that is in the possession or under the control of any other member and any member requested by another member to provide any such information shall forthwith provide it.
Marginal note:Designated person permitted
(5) Information requested from one member of the committee by another member may be provided to any person designated by the member making the request.
- R.S., 1985, c. 18 (3rd Supp.), s. 18
- 1996, c. 6, s. 108(E)
- 2001, c. 9, s. 469
- 2016, c. 7, s. 169
- Date modified: