Royal Canadian Mounted Police Act
43 (1) On being notified under subsection 41(1) of an alleged contravention of a provision of the Code of Conduct by a member, the officer designated for the purpose of that subsection shall, subject to the regulations, appoint one or more persons as members of a conduct board to decide whether the member contravened the provision.
(2) As soon as feasible after making the appointment or appointments, the conduct authority who initiated the hearing shall serve the member with a notice in writing informing the member that a conduct board is to determine whether the member contravened a provision of the Code of Conduct.
Marginal note:Contents of notice
(3) The notice may allege more than one contravention of any provision of the Code of Conduct and is to contain
(a) a separate statement of each alleged contravention;
(b) a statement of the particulars of the act or omission constituting each alleged contravention;
(c) the names of the members of the conduct board; and
(d) a statement of the member’s right to object to the appointment of any person as a member of the conduct board as provided in section 44.
Marginal note:Statement of particulars
(4) The statement of particulars contained in the notice is to contain sufficient details, including, if practicable, the place and date of each contravention alleged in the notice, to enable the member who is served with the notice to identify each contravention in order that the member may prepare a response and direct it to the occasion and events indicated in the notice.
- R.S., 1985, c. R-10, s. 43
- R.S., 1985, c. 8 (2nd Supp.), s. 16
- 2013, c. 18, s. 29
- Date modified: