Tax Court of Canada Act (R.S.C., 1985, c. T-2)
- HTMLFull Document: Tax Court of Canada Act (Accessibility Buttons available) |
- XMLFull Document: Tax Court of Canada Act [164 KB] |
- PDFFull Document: Tax Court of Canada Act [385 KB]
Act current to 2023-05-17 and last amended on 2022-09-23. Previous Versions
Administration of Court
Marginal note:Designation of Judicial Administrator
23 (1) The Chief Justice may designate an employee of the Courts Administration Service as the Judicial Administrator of the Court.
(2) The Judicial Administrator of the Court shall perform any non-judicial work that may be delegated to him or her by the Chief Justice of the Court, in accordance with the instructions given by the Chief Justice, including
(a) the making of an order fixing the time and place of a hearing, or adjourning a hearing; and
(b) arranging for the distribution of judicial business in the Court.
Marginal note:Revocation of designation
(3) A designation made under subsection (1) may be revoked at any time and is automatically revoked when the Chief Justice by whom it was made ceases to hold office as Chief Justice.
- R.S., 1985, c. T-2, s. 23
- 2002, c. 8, s. 80
Marginal note:Sittings throughout Canada
24 The Court may sit at such times and at such places throughout Canada as it considers necessary or desirable for the proper conduct of its business.
- 1980-81-82-83, c. 158, s. 23
Marginal note:Eligibility for supernumerary status and annuities
25 (1) For the purposes of sections 28 and 42 of the Judges Act, a judge shall be deemed to have held judicial office during any period of time during which the judge held office as a member of the Tax Review Board.
Marginal note:Idem for Associate Chief Judge
(2) For the purposes of an election under section 31 and of section 42 of the Judges Act, the Associate Chief Judge shall be deemed to have held office as such during any period of time during which the Associate Chief Judge held office as Assistant Chairman of the Tax Review Board or as Chief Judge of the Court.
- R.S., 1985, c. T-2, s. 25
- R.S., 1985, c. 51 (4th Supp.), s. 8
- Date modified: