Restaurants and Dining Rooms (continued)
13 (1) No person shall install in any building in a park any oil-burning or gas-burning appliance that consumes commercial fuel oil, furnace oil, diesel oil or other flammable liquid fuel or liquified petroleum gas, unless he has first obtained an appliance installation permit from the Superintendent.
(2) Subsection (1) does not apply to portable stoves, grills or similar appliances used for cooking.
(3) A permit issued under this section is valid only for the six months immediately following the date of issue.
Repairs and Painting
14 (1) The Superintendent
(a) may order the owner of any building, structure or fence in a park to repair or paint any such building, structure or fence that, in the opinion of the Superintendent, requires to be repaired or painted; and
(b) shall serve or cause to be served on the owner, or his agent, a notice specifying the repairs or painting required to be made or done pursuant to paragraph (a).
(2) The owner of a building, structure or fence upon receipt of a notice served pursuant to subsection (1) shall forthwith make or cause to be made the required repairs or painting.
15 (1) The fees for the permits required by these Regulations are as set out in the schedule.
(2) A permit issued under these Regulations is valied for one year or for the period stated therein, whichever is the lesser.
(3) A permit issued under these Regulations is invalid in respect of any authorized construction or installation that is not commenced within six months of the date of issue of the permit.
Preservation of Trees
16 (1) Subject to subsection (2), the issuance of a building permit is deemed to include permission to fell trees within an area bounded by a line 10 feet outside the proposed perimeter walls of the building and within the area of any vehicular driveway.
(2) The Superintendent may at any time by notice in writing prohibit the felling of any tree specified by him in that notice, and the Superintendent shall serve such notice upon the lessee of the lot on which the tree is located or on the holder of any building permit for that lot, and shall place a copy of such notice on the lot.
(3) No person shall fell a tree when such felling has been prohibited by the Superintendent by a notice in writing described in subsection (2).
- Date modified: