Nunavut Mining Regulations
Marginal note:Report on work
41 (1) A report of the work that has been done in respect of a claim must be prepared in accordance with Part 1 of Schedule 2, but if the report deals only with excavation, sampling or the examination of outcrops and surficial deposits — or any combination of them — and the cost of the work is less than $20,000, the report may be a simplified report prepared in accordance with Part 2 of Schedule 2.
Marginal note:Signature of report
(2) The report must be prepared and signed
(a) in the case of a simplified report, by the individual who performed or supervised the work; or
(b) in all other cases, by a professional geoscientist or a professional engineer as those terms are defined in subsection 1(1) of the Engineers and Geoscientists Act, S.Nu. 2008, c. 2.
Marginal note:Associated documents
(3) The report must be accompanied by the fee for a certificate of work set out in Schedule 1 and the following documents:
(a) a statement of work in the prescribed form;
(b) a table setting out the cost of work by type of work, together with, for each type of work, details of the costs sufficient to enable evaluation of the report in accordance with subsection 44(1); and
(c) a table setting out the cost of work that is attributable to each claim.
Marginal note:Claim holder’s equipment or work
(4) If a holder of a recorded claim uses their own equipment to perform work or personally performs work,
(a) the cost claimed in relation to that equipment must not be more than the cost of leasing similar equipment for the period that the equipment is used in performing the work; and
(b) the cost claimed in relation to that work must not be more than an amount equal to the cost of engaging another person to do that work.
Marginal note:Record keeping
(5) The holder of a recorded claim must keep all supporting documents used to justify the cost of work and make them available on request by the Mining Recorder until the holder has received a certificate of work under paragraph 47(1)(a).
Marginal note:Work reported once
(6) Work reported in one report must not be reported in any other report.
- Date modified: