Nunavut Mining Regulations
Marginal note:Grouping of recorded claims for allocation of costs
46 (1) Recorded claims may be grouped for the purpose of allocating the cost of work done with respect to them if
(a) the claims are contiguous;
(b) the total area of the group does not exceed 5000 hectares; and
(c) none of the claims is leased.
Marginal note:Request for grouping
(2) A request to group recorded claims must be submitted in the prescribed form to the Mining Recorder. It must be signed by each of the claim holders and be accompanied by the applicable fee set out in Schedule 1.
Marginal note:Grouping certificate
(3) If the requirements of subsections (1) and (2) are met, the Mining Recorder must issue a grouping certificate respecting the claims to each of the claim holders.
Marginal note:Duration of certificate
(4) A grouping certificate takes effect on the day on which the fee under subsection (2) is received and ceases to have effect on the earliest of
(a) the day on which the recording of any claim in the group is cancelled,
(b) the day on which a lease of any claim in the group takes effect, and
(c) the day on which a new grouping certificate in respect of any claim in the group takes effect.
Marginal note:Request for allocation re grouped claims
(5) On request by a holder of a recorded claim listed in a grouping certificate, the Mining Recorder must allocate, in accordance with the request, the cost of work that has been justified in a report in respect of any of the claims listed in the grouping certificate to any of the other claims listed in the certificate, for any of the periods referred to in subsection 39(1).
Marginal note:Presentation of request
(6) A request must be in the prescribed form and, if it is not submitted with the report referred to in section 41, it must be accompanied by the fee for a certificate of work set out in Schedule 1.
Marginal note:Limit on reallocation
(7) The cost of work allocated to a recorded claim referred to in a grouping certificate must not be reallocated to any recorded claim referred to in another grouping certificate.
- Date modified: