National Historic Parks General Regulations
12 (1) The Superintendent of a Park may designate any activity or area in the Park as restricted if, in his or her opinion, it is necessary to control activities or entry in such areas for the preservation, control or management of the Park.
(2) Where the Superintendent of a Park designates any activity or area as restricted pursuant to subsection (1), he or she shall so inform the public by the posting, at all information offices or centres located in the Park, of notices describing the activity and of maps showing the area.
(3) The Superintendent of a Park may, on application to him or her by any person, authorize that person to engage in an activity in the Park or to enter an area of the Park that has been designated as restricted pursuant to subsection (1) on such terms and conditions as the Superintendent may prescribe.
(4) The Superintendent of a Park may suspend or cancel any authorization issued under subsection (3) if it is necessary to do so for the preservation, control or management of a Park.
(5) No person shall engage in an activity or enter an area that has been designated as restricted pursuant to subsection (1) except in accordance with the terms and conditions prescribed by the Superintendent.
- SOR/88-538, s. 1(F)
- SOR/2011-217, ss. 1(E), 4(E), 5(E)
- Date modified: